Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Monday

It's Monday - might as well make it happy, right?!  This weekend was so great.  It was relaxing and we got to spend some time with our favorite people.  Jared's best friend was in town with his family for a week long vacation so we spent Friday night and all day Saturday with them lounging at the beach and their condo's pool.  I made some Chocolate Buttercream Frosted Brownies and took them over to them Friday night.  By Saturday afternoon they were all gone...yes!  I love that!  Doesn't it make you feel so good when people love what you cook?  Service is definitely one of my love languages.  I love to do for others and it makes me feel so good when it's appreciated.


Saturday evening we all went down for the shark tournament weigh-in.  Can we say disturbing...I mean, it's so fascinating and cool to see them, but when I think about that 875 lb tiger shark I see being brought up to the stand swimming around in the water I swim in, it makes me never want to stick a toe in the ocean again.  But it was fun and our friends don't get to see or do that kind of stuff often.  If you want to see pictures, you can click here.  Afterwards, we all went to dinner at the Fish House, one of our favorites.  Grits A Ya Ya were phenomenal as always. 

Sunday morning we went to Sunday School and listened to a great lesson.  One of the things I love the most about our class is not only can I apply everything I learn to my marriage, I can apply it to every aspect of my life.  It is so helpful & we are so blessed to be a part of this class.  I can't believe we've been in there for over a year already - time flies!

Speaking of time flying, we spent Sunday evening at my parents' house celebrating my little brother's 21st Birthday.  WHERE did the time go?  I can remember when he was about 6 months old (I was 4), I was holding him looking at him and closing my eyes trying to imagine what he'd look like as a teenager.  Ha!  So funny that I have a vivid memory of that.  We've always been close.  He was a best friend of mine growing up and we got along exceptionally well compared to most siblings.  We had our moments when we got into late teens/early twenties but I am so proud of the young man, father, and husband he has become.  He has a great heart and I love him very much.  This picture is us to a T - ha!


Since I haven't done a meal plan for y'all in a couple of weeks, I'll post one today.  I'm going to start incorporating at least one meal I've "pinned" to my pinterest into my weekly meals.  I like bringing pinterest to life.  So, here we go!

Monday: Blackened Swai with Steamed Asparagus & Salad
Tuesday: Grilled Pork Steaks with Grilled Zucchini & Squash
Wednesday: Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta (from pinterest)
Thursday: Eat Clean Tacos with Fresh Salsa & Chips
Friday: Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken with Steamed Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes (from pinterest)
Saturday: Possibly eating out or eating leftovers
Sunday: Mom & Dad's house or I'll go grocery shopping

Oh, remember how about a week ago I told y'all I was going to make these?




Well I did and they were delish and oh.so.easy.  Go make one and say goodbye to plain ole grilled cheese.

Hope you have a blessed day! XO


1 comment:

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

i need that brownie recipe...looks so amazing! i have such a sweet tooth.