Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

Yesterday was quite eventful at our house.  I went out the front door around 3ish to go get the mail only to stop dead in my tracks as a rattlesnake lay sunning on my sidewalk.  Flipping out is an understatement as I ran inside shaking like a leaf and crying.  I've always known I was scared of spiders, but I guess I'll add snakes to that list too.  They're just evil, nasty, disgusting creatures (sorry to all of you snake lovers).  They just give me a serious case of the heebie jeebies.

I called pest control and animal control.  Pest control told me it'd be two days before they could come out.  Okay, yeah, that's what I'll do.  Leave a poisonous snake chilling in my yard for days.  No.  Animal control told me it'd be $500.  If that's the case, I'm in the wrong industry.  Actually, the guy said, "four eighty-nine," to which I replied, "four dollars and eighty-nine cents?  Because surely you didn't mean four HUNDRED eighty-nine dollars."  He confirmed the four HUNDRED.  Umm, no thanks.

I had to distract myself to get my mind off of the snake..  I just kept imagining it curled up on my doorstep, waiting for me to open the door or watching me through the window.  By the way, we never did find it.  I'm praying it was just passing through, on it's way to its forever home in Hades.  I'm keeping a very watchful eye, though.

I decided baking would make me feel better so I got to work on some peanut butter cookies.  I found a recipe on pinterest awhile back that claimed these were "healthy".  Can't say I agree with that completely due to all the sugar, but they were good and very simple.  Perfect consistency.  There's only 4 left this morning and I made them yesterday afternoon.


Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
-1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)
-1 cup sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp of baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Mix together the peanut butter and sugar.  
3. Add the egg to the mixture, combining well, then add the baking soda.
4. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Enjoy with a big glass of milk! 


Have a great week!


1 comment:

Savannah said...

Yikes! Your snake incident sounds horrible! Fingers crossed he is long gone from your house. Thanks for the recipe .. Looking forward to trying it!