Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My World is Spinning Fast

Summer vacation is here and I finally feel like it's officially started!  My world is spinning very fast right now.  I hear that it continues to go faster and faster as we get older.  I don't like it.  My goal is to slow it down and take time to appreciate the small things.  Here's a little bit of what's been going on.

We've had a lot of sickness in our family and my wonderful Uncle Byran passed away recently.  He was like a grandpa to me since I never got to meet my dad's parents.  The world just doesn't seem right without him in it, but I have so much joy in knowing without a doubt that I will see him again one day in Heaven.  He was an incredible God fearing man.  He was married for 68 years, had 7 children, 15 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.  What a legacy!  I love him so much and miss him a lot.  I pray I can always hear his voice calling me "sugar" in his thick Mississippi Delta accept.  It sounded more like "shuugha". :)  I'm just thankful for my time with him and all of the awesome memories I have.  He made me this bedroom set a few years ago...all handmade of 100% Cedar.  Jared stained it for me so that it would go more with our decor, but he left the spot on the back where my Uncle Byran wrote that he loved me.  I walk into the room and just smile.


Mother and Father's Day have both passed since I last blogged and I was fortunate enough to be able to spend both with my wonderful parents.  I am blessed to have them in my life and for their marriage that has been an example for me.  I love them both so much.  They're going through a lot right now and dealing with life's hardships.  I just keep praying for strength for them as they deal with heartache within the family.  It's not easy to lose ones that you love.


 

Life with my two crazy hounds has actually been pretty good lately.  Paisley went into heat (we didn't know how old she was so it was pretty unexpected) and we had a fantastic time dealing with that, ha!  If you've ever had a dog go into heat, you know what I'm sayin....I trip to the vet is in need soon.  But her and Rosie love each other so much.  They're best friends.  Can't you tell?  Rosie's so happy that she even smiled for the picture.



They let me sleep in on my days off, sometimes.  They love to go on our 2 mile walks.  They like to bite each others' ears and necks.  They are great hunting partners in the backyard...squirrel patrol central around these parts.  They compete for our attention constantly.  What more could we ask for? ;)  And they are pretty cute.

The beach has been SO gorgeous these last few weeks.  I don't know that I've ever seen it as pretty as it has been lately.  I've been trying to spend some time out there, which is exactly what I plan on doing tomorrow.  MIL and FIL have been in town and we all went out there Saturday.  The water was crystal clear, we got to eat oysters from our favorite local seafood place, AND we ended with frozen yogurt.  Best.day.ever.

 

I've been doing a 90 Day Bible Challenge where you read the Bible in chronological order in 90 days.  We're on day 31 right now.  And I tell you what...since I've started this, my distractions are through the roof.  I know Satan is trying to keep me away from it by whatever means.  I'm just praying through it and for perseverance as I keep trying to learn, spread God's love, and do His kingdom work.  I'll post more about this later and some thoughts and ah-ha moments I've had along the way.  I'm just really feeling God's presence all around me and trying to keep my focus on Him.  Jesus is really amazing.  He loves us SO MUCH.  It's hard to comprehend that kind of love.



I plan to be much more faithful in my blogging.  I've got a few posts in mind that should be coming soon.  Here's to hoping you have a great end to your week!


No comments: