Friday, October 22, 2010

TGIF & Chicken Spaghetti

Whew, TGIF, y'all! This week has been so crazy busy. I'm so pooped, but this weekend is slammed too. I thought it would slow down a bit after the wedding, but nope. Not yet anyways. At least I have some fun activities planned, not all work. My momma's birthday is Sunday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Momma! She's the best in the world :)

I have a feeling the majority of my weekend will be spent in the kitchen. It's my turn to bring breakfast to Sunday school, so I'll be making pumpkin muffins Saturday (see my post below for the recipe) along with cooking filets and baked sweet potatoes for dinner. I'm also baking my mom's birthday cake, but that can wait until Sunday afternoon. Her request is (of course) my carrot cake. I must admit, I make a mean carrot cake. I never even liked it until I had mine. It's 100% homemade with homemade cream cheese icing - YUM! Maybe I'll share that recipe too :)



OH! I almost forgot...I had many requests for the chicken spaghetti recipe, so here it is:

-2 chicken breasts with bone in or whole chicken (depending on how many people are eating)
-1 small pkg velveeta, cubed
-1 can rotel tomatoes
-package of spaghetti noodles (I use whole wheat)

Preheat oven to 350. Cover chicken with water, season with salt and pepper and boil for 30 mins. Remove chicken from water and tear it into little pieces. Meanwhile, bring the broth to boil again and cook spaghetti as directed on package (I only cook about 1/2 the pkg for me and Jared). Once finished, do not drain. Add velveeta and stir until melted. Add can of rotel and shredded chicken to noodles and cheese. Pour into 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 mins. I broil it for about 3 mins to brown the top.

If you don't want to bake it, you don't have to since it's already cooked. But I like it baked:) Also, you can chop up onions, bell peppers, etc. if you want to add those in. Hope you enjoy! Please let me know how it turns out. It's a family favorite for us. It should look something like this:



If I can squeeze it in this weekend, I was really wanting to redesign the dining room. We have this weird shelving in there - it's not quite a built in china cabinet and not quite a book shelf...but I think I finally have some ideas for it. Here's some inspiration...






I hope to have some before and after photos, but we'll see if I tackle this project this weekend.

In other news, our house is split this weekend - it's the Ole Miss/Arkansas game, GO REBS! I love the Hogs, but was born and raised on Ole Miss football. I mean, my dad went there when they were National Champs (if that gives you any sort of timeline), so his love for the Rebels has been around for awhile! I guess it kind of worked out that I have a 12:00 luncheon I have to attend on Saturday. But I am sad I will miss the game. Hey, that's what DVR is for.




Hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

No comments: