Monday, June 20, 2011

Meal Plan Monday!

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  I got to go to a dear friend's baby shower and catch up with some folks who are so close to my heart and play with the most precious baby.  Ahh, I love em!  Crystal is so gorgeous, she is the cutest pregnant woman ever!  I can't wait for little Makai to arrive!



Some of you are my friends on facebook and it was this friend right here that was the inspiration behind my status on Friday, which read, "...smiling just thinking about how great God is - His timing is just perfect and His plan is so much better than anything we could have planned."  People, I am not expecting.  I cannot tell you how many folks thought that!  Just thought I'd clear the air.  Sorry to disappoint, but I had been chatting with Crystal earlier in the day and got to thinking about her life and my life and how they've both turned out thus far and all the changes and heartache we've gone through.  I think it might be safe to say for the both of us that God's plan for our lives was so much better than either of us could have imagined.  I was catching up with my high school cheerleading coach Saturday and I told her that before, I was not living God's will for my life - I was living my own.  When I finally let go of that, He led me right to where I was supposed to be.  It's truly incredible and I thank Him for that every day.  I look at my sweet husband and I cannot help but tear up over pure joy that comes from knowing that God had a plan for me.  So, if you struggle with this in your life, pray for God's will to be done.  He will listen, I promise.

Father's Day was spent hanging out with my dad, grandpa and 2 brothers (both of which are fathers themselves).  It was a great day.  I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful loving men in my life.  I also got to catch up with another old friend - it was great to see her!  We exchanged a lot of great recipe ideas and got to visit for a good while.  Between my grandpa's house and Renee's, I got stocked up on some tomatoes!


So with that, let's get right down to the meal plan for the week.  It needs to include a lot of salads! We will for sure get a good intake of lycopene - no doubt. :)

Monday: Baked Rosemary Chicken, steamed broccoli & salad
Tuesday: Steaks (possibly with the avocado salsa, not sure yet), baked sweet potatoes & salad
Wednesday: Summer Salmon (from my Eat Clean Cookbook) with steamed asparagus & tomatoes - see below for recipe
Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner! - Stuffed Omelets
Friday: Pork tenderloin & steamed broccoli
Saturday: no plans yet
Sunday: I'm making a delayed Father's Day dinner - any ideas on a meal that needs to feed 6?  I've got some running through my head.  I'm just not quite sure.

Summer Salmon

Ingredients:
-salmon filets (I use 2 so I'll do the directions and measurements according to 2) note: I usually don't measure anything, I just eye it and see what it needs more or less of...so feel free to do the same.
-1 lemon
-1 to 2 tbsp(s) of green onion, chopped
-sea salt
-pepper
-1 to 2 tbsp olive oil
-1 tbsp rosemary

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Meanwhile, prepare filets.  Lay them on a baking dish, skin side down & drizzle both filets with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper, onions, and rosemary.  Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over both filets.
3. Bake for 15-20 mins (I cook it for 15 mins)
4. Remove from oven, squeeze the remaining half of lemon over both filets & serve


Have a great week!

3 comments:

Kylee. said...

Yum! That all sounds so devine. I love your comments about Gods will. His plan truly better than anything we could come up with on our own. Even if it takes us longer to realize it. I appreciate your faith and desire to share it with people you don't even really know. You are a beautiful person

GreatDestiny said...

Awesome and powerful! Same thing happened for me. I made up my mind that it wasn't my will that I wanted to live by any longer but HIS will and since then so many changes have been happening in my life. This was a good read =)

Carrie said...

Thank you both for your kind words! It means so much to me.