Thursday, June 30, 2011

Debatable Birthday Present

Guess what I'm getting for my birthday?  A vacuum!  Go ahead and laugh...I just might cry.  Not really, but this is how I know I'm getting old.  I need/want household appliances for birthdays and holidays.  J has assured me that he won't let this be my only present.  My parents have contributed to this fund, so I guess we could say this is their present to me.  Needs over wants, right folks?  My vacuum has bit the dust and with the mongrel roaming around the house, we need a good vacuum.  And alas, it's 20% off this weekend!  Putting those wedding giftcards to work!  I knew there was a reason I didn't spend them yet.






I forgot to post about our father's day dinner and wanted to make sure I mentioned it.  I love family get-togethers.  This past weekend we had my family over for a late Father's Day dinner to celebrate my daddy and youngest brother.  I marinated some pork steaks and pork chops in the best marinade ever - Wickers.  Unfortunately, they don't sell Wickers around here (not that I can find anywhere, and if you've seen it, please let me know) so I bought a big jug of it when we were last in Arkansas.  OH and Publix is now cutting pork steaks too.  If you go buy all of my pork steaks, I will hunt you down. ;)  J grilled them for me while I cooked all of the vegetables, made Paula Deen's buttermilk coleslaw (which was a hit) and of course, baked everyone's favorite, buttermilk chocolate cake.  We didn't have any leftovers, thank goodness!  I hate that I'm this way, but I'm not big on leftovers...unless it's some type of pasta which usually tastes better leftover. We all had a great time visiting.  I am so thankful for my wonderful family - they mean the world to me.

When (and if) I have some free time, I'm going to revamp our office.  It is in desperate need.  It's the room that when guests come over we close the door and say, "Oh, you don't need to see that room - it's just another room."  It's bad.  We've been in this house since March...no.more.excuses.  My OCD is overwhelmed and I need to tackle it.  It needs organization.  I hope to implement these cute and easy ideas.

Burlap covered cork board - genius way to dress it up!





Globe used as a decorative accent






If you're still here, thanks for listening to my ramblings!  I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs.








4 comments:

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

LOVE IT! I've been eyeing that one on Amazon for forever! LOL :) I've been waiting on the price to drop!! ;)

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

PS - I'm trying to make a new blog header! Did you make your own, or find a template somewhere? :)

Kelly said...

I so feel you on wanting household goods! Don't get me wrong I love jewelry and watches etc...but think how happy you will be using that really amazing vacuum!! I actually like this part about getting older :-) Happy early birthday honey!

Yelena Starikova said...

Hi Girl! Happy Bday to you , mine will be in a week and Im really excited!
Vacuum cleaner is great but you are still so young and pretty~ you definitely need some extra little something for a big BDAY!)

Im your new follower!

XO,
Yelena
AllGlamThings