Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Eat Clean's Summer Salmon

I've had a few people request some healthy everyday meals.  This is one of my very favorite recipes.  Salmon is probably my favorite fish.  I love it's buttery taste and it's Omega 3s are so good for you.  I got this recipe from my Eat Clean Cookbook.  It's called "Summer Salmon", but we eat it year round.  It's so simple and quick.  My husband even loves it and salmon is not his favorite.

Eat Clean's Summer Salmon


Ingredients:
-Salmon fillets (Varies depending on how many you're feeding.  I do one filet per person.)
-Olive oil
-1 lemon
-Sea salt
-Black pepper
-Fresh or dried rosemary (I use fresh from my herb garden)
-1 to 2 green onions, finely chopped

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 425°
2.  Coat a baking pan with non-stick spray.  Lay salmon filets (skin on*) in pan.  Drizzle with olive oil.
3.  Sprinkle salt and pepper on each filet along with rosemary and chopped green onions.
4.  Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the filets.
5.  Bake for 20 minutes.  
6.  When finished baking, squeeze the juice of the remaining half of the lemon over the top.
7.  Enjoy!

*I leave the skin on to prevent the fish from sticking.  It's easily removable once they're done baking.  You can choose to remove it before baking though.  Just a personal preference!



No comments: