Monday, August 26, 2013

Meal Plan Monday!

So I definitely didn't do Meal Plan Monday last week...please forgive me.  It was our 1st day of school (with the kids) and it was all I could do just to put dinner on the table for us.  I was spent!  That first week always gets me.  I have to get used to using my teacher voice again, being on my feet all day, etc.  And let me tell ya...when your feet hurt, it makes everything hurt!  We had some tasty suppers last week, but nothing fancy.  Here's what's on our plates this week!

Monday: Chicken Pesto Bake with Steamed Asparagus and Salad.  Recipe here.  I've never made it before, but it was super easy and quick.  It's in the oven right now as I type and it smells divine.  I used my homemade pesto recipe.  If it's good, I'll post the recipe for y'all!
Tuesday: Leftovers for me.  We have meetings and such after work so I'm fending for myself!
Wednesday: Church
Thursday: Pan Grilled Pork Chops and Sauteed Squash.  Trusty ole favorite.  Works everytime.
Friday: Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken over Pasta and Salad.  I'm trying to do crockpot recipes on Fridays because the last thing I want to do is work when I get off on Friday! ;)
Saturday: Barbeque Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Okra.  I use this as my ribs recipe guide and I make my own BBQ sauce, similar to what they suggest.
Sunday: Chuck Roast with Roasted Broccoli.  Chuck Roast may be one of our favorite meals.  It is SO good and savory.  But this one's a family secret. ;)  Just kidding...maybe.  My brother gave me this recipe so I'd ask before sharing it.

Hope you have an awesome week and eat good food - life's too short not to!  Be blessed!

No comments: