Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year, New Goals

As another new year gets started, I always like to reflect back on the previous one and think of what I'd like to accomplish during this year.  For 2018, I have two major goals.  They are choosing joy and being intentional.

Choose Joy Printable Art Inspirational Print by PaperStormPrints
Joy is a beautiful word that has tremendous power behind it.  Joy is not about what happens to you, but how you choose to respond to what happens.  It's a mindset.  I feel like learning to practice joy is an ongoing life lesson and one I really want to focus on this coming year.

Our family will be growing any day now with the addition of our baby boy. I know and I've been told numerous times that two under two will not be easy.  But I don't want to see it that way.  I want to find so much joy in the hard days when all I've done is wipe booties, bathe babies, clean up various messes, and calm crying little ones.

But how do I do that?  I choose joy right here and right now.  I choose to look at trying circumstances as a blessing rather than a nuisance.  I choose to see that these babies of mine are only babies for such a teensy amount of time and the abundance of hugs and kisses I receive on a daily basis will soon be fewer and far between. I choose to remember that there was once a time that I didn't know if I'd ever get to experience motherhood and I keep that at the forefront of my mind.

Becoming intentional is something else that has really been on my heart for several months now and I know it needs to be a major focus of my life.  I want to be intentional in my relationship with Christ, with my husband, with my children, and with family and friends. In a world where I feel pulled in a thousand different directions with everything vying for my attention, I have simply realized that it's not possible to be involved and efficient at every single thing.  I am having to become intentional in what matters.  This will take work and a lot of prayer, but I know the Lord will lead me and help me as long as I seek Him during this journey.

I pray that 2018 will bring you tremendous blessings as you set out with your own goals in mind.



No comments: