Thursday, February 17, 2011

Moving!

I have not been keeping up with posts as often as I like, but life's been a little hectic!  Sorry for being such a slacker.

I have some very exciting news - we are moving!  YAY!  We're not buying yet, just getting another rental, but it's a much newer home, in a nice neighborhood & it has more room for us and Rosalie.  She finally gets a fenced in yard!  We are so blessed, it is such an answered prayer.  And being that my car was broken into while parked in my yard the night before last, this couldn't have come at a better time.

Some of you who are my friends on facebook saw this picture from a few months ago after our wedding.  This was a picture of our office with all of our wedding gifts...
And it still looks that way.  But not for long!  All of our stuff will find a new home.  I am so thrilled to have a big, nice kitchen with 4 operable burners.  Thank you, Jesus!

I will miss our little house that we currently live in because it was the first place Jared and I lived in together after we were married, it has old charm & it literally takes me five minutes to get to work...but it's time for us to move on.  Wish us luck on our move!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I'm not big on the actual holiday itself because I feel like it's a corporate revenue stream, but celebrating love is never a bad thing.  I just don't think we should do this 1 day a year, it should be done everyday!  God's greatest calling is for us to love Him so we should just be bursting with love ;)  I wanted to share one of my Daily Bible Verses with you I received on Valentine's Day.  This verse is very special to me, but Pastor Whitehead's commentary really struck a cord as well.  I thought it was refreshing to be reminded that love is not supposed to be selfish, it is selfless.  I feel today that so many people in this world have a misconception about love.  I know I can't change everyone's mind, but God can and I felt the need to share:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. – 1 Corinthians 13:4
How do you define love? For many of us, we define love as intense physical attraction or emotional bonding. But the Bible defines love very differently. In many ways, the Scriptural definition of love is not seen until things go wrong. Emotions come and go, but godly love equips us for when people test our patience. Godly love prefers others rather than focusing on ourselves. This Valentine’s Day make a decision to esteem your valentine over your own needs. When you do, your actions will speak louder than angels, gifts, or extravagant displays.

Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org



I feel so blessed to have a husband who loves me unconditionally.  I pray he knows the same goes for me.  I would not be able to love him the way I do if not for God's love & word.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

Good Luck with the move! I hope it goes smoothly for you! :) And that stinks that your car got broken into! :( BOO!