Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bridals

So I did my bridals a little late....but with good reason!

1. I didn't want to do them pre-wedding because my dress was very delicate and the lace would tear easily...plus I knew I wanted to do them at the beach and would not dream of getting sand all in my wedding dress before the big day.

2. After the wedding, I needed to get back to my pre-wedding body.  St. Lucia's endless food and drinks took a toll on me, ha ha ha!

3.  After my wedding it was cold.  And it stayed cold...all..winter..long.  This does not normally happen in Florida.

4.  Of course, the fabulous Patsy Brown and myself had to have some availability.

So there you have it.  That's right.  Seven months after the wedding, I shoot my bridals.  And it was SO much FUN!  I am happy I waited because the weather was perfect and I had no problem rolling around in the sand getting my dress dirty.  I have never done a photoshoot by myself and I had an absolute blast.  I have to give some major shout-outs to Patsy Brown of A Thousand Words Photography and John Dye, my bridal make-up artist.  Patsy.is.amazing.  So talented, hilarious, and makes you feel totally at ease.  I can't sing her praises enough. And John Dye is incredible!  He made me feel totally confident.  I wish I could put him in my pocket and take him with me everywhere I go.  I'd have perfect make-up 24/7, ha!  Check him out on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Dye-Makeup-Artist/120623654660242.  He's up and coming and will go SO far!  And if you're in the area, try your hardest to book Patsy for a photoshoot!







No comments: