Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Time & New Years

Christmas 2012 was quiet, peaceful, and uneventful.  It was a good way to end this year.  J's family came in from Arkansas and spent about 5 nights with us.  I was sad to see them go.  My house was so quiet and lonesome when they left.  Even Rosie was depressed because she missed her little doggie friend, Libby.

If we had gone to Arkansas for Christmas, we would have had a white Christmas!  They got quite the snow storm Christmas night.  I am determined to have a white Christmas at least once in my life!  I've only seen snow once, so I'm still enchanted by the thought of it.

I tried to take the extra time this year to reflect and absorb the meaning of Christmas.  I did this daily Bible reading of the Christmas story and that really helped me get in the spirit.  But to be honest, I had an overwhelming feeling of sadness.  The Christmas story is the most beautiful, bright story that we have to cling to, but it also makes me sad to think of how Jesus was treated once He came to save the world.  But He overcame the grave, praise the Lord! I guess this was just a hard year for me and although I feel beyond blessed, part of me was almost melancholy.  Having family here and love all around me helped tremendously.  And I loved our decorations.  Christmas decorations always have a way of brightening my day.  The lights, especially.  There's just something about this time of year that's almost magical.

My classroom was no exception.  I put up a little tree and we had a Christmas party on pajama day.  The last day of school before break, we watched Polar Express, ate Christmas cookies, and I made hot chocolate for everyone.  It was a fun time.  We had a blast doing some Christmas crafts.  I know the kiddos enjoyed the presents I had for them under the tree.  Watching their little faces light up is the best part of my job.

Christmas in my Classroom
My gifts for the kiddos under the tree.  They were SO excited.
Our water bottle snowmen to go along with their story about the day it snowed.
Cinnamon applesauce ornaments



Our Christmas
Bad pic quality, but me and the hubs on Christmas Eve
Mom, dad, Jake and I on Christmas Eve at my parents' house.
Anya opening up gifts.
Me and Momma playing Dirty Santa.
Me and my SIL, Julie, after church.
J and I on Christmas day
Our family :)
FIL, MIL and their new baby, Libby
My Christmas mantle and tree at night, all lit up.  I loved the glow :)
Christmas mantle during the day.  I scored those Pottery Barn JOY stocking holders from Goodwill for $3.99.  They retail for $70.  SCORE!
My Nativity set...my favorite decoration!


I thought I had more pictures of my decorations, but I didn't...Boo.  Our dining room table was really pretty this year.  Too bad I've already taken it all down.  That's okay.  I'm just thankful I had a home to decorate and people to share it with.

HAPPY NEW YEAR by the way!  I can't even believe another year has gone by.  It was such a blur.  2012 started off slow...I really don't even remember much of the first couple of months (except for this Bible study our church did), but it sure got crazy.  I could say a lot of things about this year, but above everything I am beyond blessed.

The Lord chose this year to draw me closer to Him than ever before.  For that, I am thankful.  He knew just what I needed.  He also brought Jared and I closer than ever, landed Jared at a new job, blessed me with another wonderful group of kids to teach, and taught us many valuable lessons along the way.  We are constantly learning, but looking to Him for direction and guidance.  I'm excited to get this year started!


We kicked it off with a great breakfast/brunch of stuffed French toast and hashbrown/bacon casserole.  It was oh so delicious.  Maybe that'll be my first recipe to post for the new year.


We had a great New Years late lunch with my family over at my grandpa's house.  Now it's time for more football and my PJs.  

I wish you and yours all the blessings from the Father above that He has to offer this year. XO

 


No comments: