Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Meal Plan Monday & My Ordinary Life

***OOPS - Posted a day late!***

I missed last Monday's meal plan post, but not this week!  I've got the day off and had some time to blog.  Here's our meal plan for the week:

Sunday: Mom's Chicken Spaghetti, recipe here.
Monday: Filet Mignon, baked sweet potatoes and salad...SOOO good!
Tuesday: Eat Clean Summer Salmon, steamed asparagus and salad
Wednesday: Church
Thursday: BLTs since I'll be working late
Friday: Blackened Tilapia, steamed broccoli and salad

We've been trying to eat really healthy and shred some of that holiday weight.  So far, so good.  I love how just eating good, unprocessed food can shrink you down.  It's so amazing to see the difference.  I just have to keep reminding myself that food is fuel and reach for healthy snacks instead of sweets.  Being back in the gym is really helping out too.  When you feel good in your skin, everything else just clicks too.  I refuel my soul daily through Bible studies and talking with God and I'm back on track to refueling my body daily with healthy foods and exercise.  It's amazing how much more energy I have too!  And boy oh boy do I ever need it right now...this time of year is always crazy at school.

On a totally different topic, I decided that at the start of this year I was going to be doing the 365 day photo challenge where you take a picture for every day of the year.  It seemed like a great idea because SO much happens in a years time and I thought it would be a fun way to document it...Until I started.  It's hard to take a picture everyday!  I have come to the conclusion that I live a fairly boring, ordinary life...ha!  Well of course I do, I already knew that.  And I LOVE my life I've been blessed with.  I'll take my ordinary, simple life over anything.  It makes me humble and happy.

Tonight I'm feeling especially blessed to be sitting at home with my awesome husband and furbaby.  It's nothing new, but it sure does feel good to be surrounded by those you love and who love you.   Let's take the time to be thankful in the little things we so often overlook everyday. 

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 
-1 Thessalonians 5:16-19




3 comments:

Kristen Daniel said...

Carrie I must say I really enjoy reading your blog. You are always so positive and uplifting. :)

jess said...

Just came across/started following your blog and I have to say, as I sit here wondering what the heck we are going to have to dinner tonight, your last few posts really have me motivated to get organized with meal planning. I might even plan out my grocery list to go with my meal plans! lol

Carrie said...

Thanks, Kristen! I don't always feel that way, but I know God works a lot in me and gives me joy no matter what.

Jess, I'm so glad you're a new follower! That's exactly what I do-make a meal plan and then do my grocery shopping. It comes quickly and I don't have to think anymore about it! :)