Monday, March 21, 2011

Family Time + DIY

What a fun weekend!  We got all of our house projects finished up just in time for MIL and FIL to arrive.  Saturday, we snuck out to the beach for a few hours to hang out with Lindsey & Justin and Julie & Brian.  It was gorgeous and perfect beach weather (plus the company was pretty good too!).

MIL and FIL arrived around 3:30 Saturday and everyone came to our house for steaks, potatoes and salad.  After dinner, us girls sat around drinking coffee and painting our nails while the boys sat in the living room watching TV and talking sports.  I love simple nights like that, just pure bliss.

On Sunday morning, Julie had her 1st dress fitting.  Oh.my.word.  It was GORGEOUS!  I can't wait to see her in it on her wedding day!!  I love all of these weddings!  Getting to see my friends shine on their day just makes my heart happy.

After the fitting, us girls headed to ROSS to kill some time before Julie's family shower.  Umm....why have I not been to that store more often?!  They have some of the neatest stuff & it's SO CHEAP!  I managed to escape with only a cookbook (It was $4.99...seriously, I couldn't resist).  I love cookbooks!  I have a pretty big collection.  This one had some great healthy recipes that I can't wait to try.  There was a cupcake cookbook that was calling my name too, but I managed to leave it behind.  Do any of you have a favorite cookbook?

Julie's family shower went so well.  It was a gorgeous day outside and she got some wonderful gifts!  What a great day all around.  Afterwards, we all went to Julie's and she made chicken spaghetti, salad and bread for all of us - delish!  Tonight we're all heading to the other Gann household (Jared & Julie's uncle) for a crawfish boil and steak.  I may be getting a little spoiled. ;)  I love when everyone's all together.  I think this coming weekend, we're having my folks over for dinner along with my brother, his wife and they're baby.  I love them so much, can't wait to see them!

I talked last week about the old kitchen table we were re-doing.  It was mine during college.  Keep in mind I was a poor college kid, but this table was so awful...what was I ever thinking?!  That's okay, it sure does look 100% better after it's makeover.  Here are some before and after shots.  I still haven't gotten one of the complete table, but it fits nicely in our kitchen!

Here I was in the middle of spray paining the chairs and realized I forgot to take a before picture.  The chair closest hadn't been tackled yet.  I don't know if you can tell, but it was so ugly...silver, black, gold - it just couldn't make up its mind on what color it should be!  I decided for it and went with black.
The cushions before.  Can we say hideous?  I mean, what is that?!
Reupholstered.  Much, much better.
I'll post better pictures when I get some time.  I also need to post some before and afters of the guest room makeover.  It looks so much better!  I am proud of us and our DIY projects.

As some of you may know, I have really been struggling with God's will for my life lately.  It can be so frustrating to not know.  As I was praying last night, I was praying specifically for this - for guidance to help me see it being fulfilled, to show me the way, or for some sort of sign so that I'd know I wasn't crazy.  Well lo and behold, I check my email this morning and my Daily Bible Verse is this:

Why is the LORD bringing us to this land only to let us fall by the sword? Our wives and children will be taken as plunder. Wouldn’t it be better for us to go back to Egypt?” And they said to each other, “We should choose a leader and go back to Egypt.” – Numbers 14:3-4 (NIV)
"We should be sobered as we read the complaints of the Israelites in the wilderness. When following the Lord became challenging, they were more than willing to find a leader who would take them back to their bondage. Jesus said narrow is the path that leads to life and He was not kidding, for the path away from God’s purpose is filled with leaders who will justify why the road to Egypt is the right one to take. Unfortunately, there are many choices when we are looking for spiritual leaders who will support our personal agendas."
Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Wow, what a sign.  That was totally God telling me to be still, be patient, have faith.  He will never let me down.  Thank you, Lord. :)
XOXO

No comments: