Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend Fun & Sweets

I hope y'all had a great 4th of July!  Thank you to all of our men and women who have served and who are currently serving to keep our great nation free.  We are forever indebted to your sacrifice.

I was able to put my birthday present to use this weekend.  Oh.my.word.  I won't even show you a picture of how much ick it picked up, but let's just say that Dyson is a miracle worker for my carpet!  If you're looking to spend less that 1K-2K on a Kirby, Dyson's where it's at!  Although it pained me, I'm happy I made the purchase and bought one.  AND it was 20% off.

This weekend was full of a whole lot of nothing...and it was GREAT.  After having almost every weekend planned for the past year, it was so nice to have nothing to do.  Jared and I spent some time at the beach, pool, and hanging out with my family. 

This is what my 4th of July looked like.

My sister-in-law, Amber, is opening up a new business.  She did a sample spread for the 4th of July and it was awesome!  If you're getting married or know someone who is getting married, contact her!  She is specializing in candy bars and other "sweet ideas" for receptions.  The name of her business is Ooo LaLa...SWEETS and you can contact her at ooolalasweets@live.com.  Please excuse the quality of my pictures.  All I had was my phone and the glare of the sun shining through the windows in the background does not make for the best picture quality!  Also, I came in after the kids had initially attacked it, haha!

And if you live in or around Pensacola, you get 10% off of your order if you purchase your wedding dress from the Bridal Suite.  Be sure to let Amber know if you heard about Ooo LaLa SWEETS from this blog!

And I did make a fruit pizza I mentioned here.  It didn't turn out "pretty" because I had to bake it on a baking pan.  Note: pizza stones DO NOT work for fruit pizza, lol.  But regardless of how ugly it was, Jared ate 4 pieces.  Mission accomplished.

Switching gears - Sorry no meal plan this week, it's pretty boring anyways.  Just lots and lots of greens and white lean protein.  We started P90X over and are doing the initial "shred" to jumpstart.  I'll start sharing again next week.  I've had so much feedback from meal plans and hope it encourages you as well.  It takes all the stress away from trying to figure out what to make for dinner and it makes grocery shopping so easy.   But I did make some "Eat Clean" pizza Monday night.  Who says healthy can't taste good?  Yes it can and it does.
  Delish and SO easy.  Want the recipe?  Let me know and I'll post it.

Oh!  I also promised a picture from Julie's wedding so here ya go.  So pretty!
The family!  Jared, myself, Brian, Julie, Sarah & Gary

Hope everyone has a great day! XOXO


2 comments:

Beth @beth-adam.blogspot.com said...

We had a nice relaxing weekend too! :) Didn't make it to the beach though!! It looked beautiful!! :) I'm so glad to hear your positive review of the dyson! I've been wanting one for forever! We have 4 cats, so the amount of hair I deal with and cat litter drives me crazy. And our vacuum is about 6 years old now, so I think it's time for a new one!!

PS - That fruit pizza looks yummy! :) I can't wait to make it!

Jackie said...

I would LOVE to see the recipe for your "eat clean" pizza! looks delish!!