Monday, March 19, 2012

Meal Plan & Salmon Puttanesca over Spinach with Buttered Gnocchi

Hey y'all!  Happy Monday!  It really is happy for me because I'm on spring break!  Never thought I'd experience spring break again after college, but I am very thankful to recharge myself this week.

Since I'm terrible at blogging lately, I figured I'd bring ya a meal plan with a recipe I had a few people request last week.  This week's meal plan will be...

Monday: Blackened Cobia and steamed asparagus
Tuesday: Spicy New Orleans BBQ Shrimp and broccoli
Wednesday: Out to dinner with friends!
Thursday: Grilled pork steaks, sweet potatoes and steamed asparagus
Friday: Green Chili Turkey Burgers

Here's the recipe from my facebook as well.

Salmon Puttanesca over Spinach with Buttered Gnocchi 
(adapted from Publix Apron Meals)
(photo courtesy of publix.com)

Ingredients:
-2 to 4 salmon fillets, skin removed
-1 bag fresh spinach leaves
-1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
-1 tbsp garlic butter
-1 1/2 cups pasta sauce (any type you like)
-1 16 oz package gnocchi pasta
-1 cup chicken broth
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1/4 tsp paprika
-1 clove garlic, minced

Directions:
1. Preheat large saucepan over medium/high heat until heated through.  Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.  Place 1 tbsp olive oil in pan, add fish, and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.  Pour pasta sauce over fish, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

2.  To prepare gnocchi, bring chicken broth to a boil, add in gnocchi and butter and boil for 2-3 minutes.  Reduce heat to low, add in 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese and paprika.  The gnocchi will absorb most of the liquid.

3.  To prepare spinach, heat a medium saucepan over medium/high heat.  Add 1 tbsp olive oil and minced garlic.  Saute for about 1-2 minutes, being sure not to brown the garlic.  Add spinach a handful at a time, stirring until all is wilted and tender.

4.  Serve spinach topped with salmon and a side of gnocchi.

This was a different dish than we normally have, but we both really liked it and it's been added to my recipe book.  It'll be making its rotations into my meal plans. :)

I'll try to post more later this week.  I'm off to enjoy some relaxation and spending time with some of the very best people.  God bless! XO

 

No comments: