Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spicy New Orleans BBQ Shrimp

I'm sitting here eating leftovers while hubby is at Bible study.  I could not help but think I needed to post this recipe because even the leftovers are delish.  It was another pinterest experiment and one that has been added to my recipe book!  If you're in the mood for spicy, smokey or seafood, this will not disappoint.

Spicy New Orleans BBQ Shrimp



Ingredients:
-1-2 pounds fresh,jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
-1/2 cup butter, melted
-4 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-2 tablespoons Worcestershire
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-1 tablespoon fresh parsley
-1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
-1 1/2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke (hickory)
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon oregano
-1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
-5 cloves fresh garlic, minced

Directions:
1. Peel and devein the shrimp.
2. Add all of the other ingredients in a saucepan, stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and let cool.
4. Arrange the shrimp in an oven- proof casserole dish and pour the sauce over the shrimp.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Bake shrimp for 15 - 20 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with crusty French bread to sop up the delicious sauce.

Normally I tweak recipes, but I followed this one to the tee.  It was so so good.  If you're not a huge fan of spicy, opt for just 1/2 to 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.  And I suggest letting it marinate overnight.  I let mine sit for about 8 hours and it was still full of flavor, but I can only imagine how awesome it would be if it soaked all night.

Switching gears - I read a powerful scripture yesterday...

Therefore, although in Christ I could be bold and order you to do what you ought to do, yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love. It is as none other than Paul—an old man and now also a prisoner of Christ Jesus.  -Philemon 1:8-9

Wow.  Just chew on that for a moment.  Love is the greatest gift of all.  It was a wonderful reminder that I really need to show love more than anything else in every aspect of my life - even to those who irritate me so badly sometimes.  Ha!  Love is more powerful than any boldness, authority, or pride.


XO



1 comment:

Manda said...

Just discovered your blog and am excited to continue exploring it.

....I love shrimp! :)