Friday, July 15, 2011

An Encouraging Word

So if you've read this blog for any length of time, you may have become aware that I really struggle with patience (yup, I'll admit it) and that in turn relates to my waiting for God's will to be done in my life.  I don't really know why I do this because when I give up and allow His will to be done, its always so wonderful for me.  I guess that's the human in me and sometimes life just gets so frustrating.  You just don't understand why things are the way they are...it just doesn't seem "fair".  I'm not trying to throw a pity party by any means, just being real about frustrations we all deal with from time to time. 

I happened to stumble across this today and it was so fitting.  I'm pretty sure God put it right where I'd see it as a nice reminder.  I love when He speaks to me. 

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. – Psalm 27:14 

Waiting is a way for God to hone our hearts. We need to remember that we serve the God who sees the beginning from the end, and when our timetable clashes with His timetable, the delay is due to His goodness and love. Like the Psalmist, remind yourself that God sees what needs to happen and when it needs to happen. When we wait upon the Lord our heart strengthens and our perspectives enlarge.
Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Hope His word encouraged you like it did me today. XOXO
 
 

No comments: