Monday, July 18, 2011

MPM and My Change

We had a guest speaker at church on Sunday.  His name was Jay Lowder.  Some of you may have heard of him and his Harvest Ministries.  He was phenomenal - so full of energy and passion.  In the first service and our service combined, there were hundreds of people saved and others that rededicated their lives to the Lord.  It was incredible, in a word.  I was moved to tears.  And it brought back a flood of memories for me when I rededicated my life to the Lord - the change that was brought about in me.  I could hear God whispering to my heart that I needed to leave my old ways and walk in His way...which is not always easy but the reward is far greater than anything we can imagine.  It was just such a great day and my heart was so happy to see so many people, young and old, aligning themselves with God.  And I could not have been more thankful to have my husband sitting next to me.

I recently had an old friend pass away suddenly from a brain aneurysm (that's what they suspected last I heard).  He was 24 years old & had two small children.  I had lost touch with him in the last 10 years or so, but we grew up together and spent every day playing outside in our neighborhood.  It broke my heart, but also made me think how limited our time is here on Earth and how tomorrow is not promised to any of us.  I hope people use that as motivation to get right with the Lord.  This weekend's service was just so empowering and encouraging to me.  I wish everyone could have been there.

My sister-in-law and brother got me the prettiest bracelet for my birthday.  I love all jewelry and this was right up my alley.


The one they got me is the Christian bracelet.  My mom and dad bought me the Pandora bracelet for my birthday last year.  I love 'em!

Here is this week's Meal Plan for MPM (MPM = Meal Plan Monday)
Monday: Leftover ribs, butter beans & potato salad
Tuesday: Eat Clean Summer Salmon with steamed asparagus
Wednesday: Lemon garlic crockpot chicken with steamed broccoli.  Recipe from here.  Love their website!
Thursday: Pork Chops, baked sweet potatoes & steamed broccoli
Friday: Eat Clean Chicken Stacks.  Recipe previously posted here.

Hope y'all have a blessed week!

No comments: