Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Homemade Butterfingers

I'm not big on candy.  But if I had to choose, I'd pick butterfingers or twix.  I stumbled across this recipe on pinterest (best website EVER) and thought I'd share.  It'd be perfect for a holiday treat to make for others, or maybe keep a few for yourself.  I know it's only July, but I'm getting ancy thinking about football season, fall, and all the food that comes along with it.  This makes me want to go home, put on my adorable new leopard apron from my SIL Julie and BIL Brian (thanks y'all!  I LOVE IT), and make this for Anya's birthday this weekend.  I just might!




You only need 3 ingredients:
1. 1 lb. candy corn
2. 16oz jar peanut butter (I used Peter Pan Honey Roasted peanut butter)
3. 16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

Directions:
Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

Easy Peasy!

2 comments:

Miss Cupcake said...

Oh my goodness girl, these look amazing!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

XOXO, CC

https://twitter.com/CupcakeKissesxx

http://thecupcakecartel.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oohhh this is so cool! I must make these..now I will just have to wait until Halloween when the candy corn comes out of hiding! Thanks for sharing!

-Emmy
www.sprinklesoneverything.wordpress.com